Artist picture of The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus

The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus

13 841 fans

Artist's top tracks

National Anthem of the Ussr The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus 03:44
Tachanka The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus, Nikolay Kirillov, Boris Dyakov 02:03
KATIOUCHA The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus 02:10
To Serve Russia The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus, Vyacheslav Korobko, Vadim Ananiev, Vadim Ananiev, Boris Dyakov, Victor Sanin, Gennady Sachenyuk 03:26
Song of the Plains (Meadowland) Soviet Army Chorus/Soviet Army Band/Col. Boris Alexandrov 03:13
Carmina Burana: O Fortuna The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus 02:38
The Red Army Is the Strongest The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus 02:43
RUSSIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus 01:26
National Anthem of the Russian Federation The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus 03:42
Kalinka The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus 04:29

Similar artists

Playlists

Biography

The Alexandrov Ensemble known as the Red Army Choir or The Alexandrov Red Army Chorus, is an official army choir of the Russian armed forces. Founded during the Soviet era, the ensemble consists of a male choir, an orchestra, and a dance ensemble. The Ensemble has entertained audiences both in Russia and throughout the world, performing a range of music including folk tunes, hymns, operatic arias and popular music. It is named for its first director, Alexander Vasilyevich Alexandrov (1883–1946). Its formal name since 1998 has been A. V. Alexandrov Academic Song and Dance Ensemble of the Russian Army At the establishment, in 1928, the choir was named Red Army Song Ensemble of the M. V. Frunze Red Army Central House In 1935, it was renamed Red-Bannered Red Army Song and Dance Ensemble of the USSR . In 1949 the ensemble was officially named the A. V. Alexandrov Twice Red-bannered and Red-starred Song and Dance Ensemble of the Soviet Army . In 1978 the word "academic" was added to the title (A. V. Alexandrov Twice Red-bannered and Red-starred Academic Song and Dance Ensemble of the Soviet Army). After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the ensemble received its present name in 1990.